Laser Dentistry Santa Rosa CA
Laser dentistry is one of dentistry’s latest advances. The laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target.” In dentistry, these targets can be enamel, decay, gum tissue, or whitening enhancers. Each one absorbs a different wavelength of light while reflecting others. Laser dentistry can be used for both tooth and soft tissue related procedures. Often times no local anesthesia is required. For soft tissue (surgical) procedures, it eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster.
Areas of dental care that benefit from laser technology:
- Curing or hardening bonding materials.
- Whitening teeth.
- Periodontal or gum related care.
- Pediatric procedures.
- Apthous ulcer treatment (canker sore).
- Frenectomy (tongue-tie release) without anesthesia or sutures.
- Root canal and apicoectomies.
- Crown lengthening, gingovectomy, and other gum corrections.
Dental lasers have been shown to be safe and effective for treating both children and adults.